The Mud Colony Blog is now closed ! We are a very active PAGE on FACEBOOK , and the BLOGROLL is where we are all listed as well ! See the right hand side of this page for BOTH !!




Saturday, August 11, 2012

Featured Mud Colony Blogger-Linda Fahey !

MC; What do you love the most about being apotter/ceramist/clayworker?  
LF: I think what I love best is the feeling thatthere is always more to learn, always more to create and it keeps the synapsesfiring !

 MC: What inspires you ? 
LF: So many things. Have a look at my Pinterest Boards - I've trained formally inIllustration/Design/even some small technical drawing and I have a thing for all things history .  I have a wide range of interests.

 MC: Tell us about the processes involved inproducing your work ?  
LF:Of course, I seemed to have created the mostlabor intensive time consuming process(leave it to me).  I'm a hand builder/sculptor andillustrator.  So, my work is step heavy.  As you may be able to tell, my work could bedescribed as Wabi Sabi.  I work towardsthe asymmetrical landscape where things being slightly off, highlighting thehandmade aspect is something I strive for. I like it in others work, I like it in my own
 MC:Describe your studio..
LF: It's everywhere - like a big purse.  It's taken over my house.  I have a kiln room in thegarage/shelves/dipping glazes.  I have astudio/shed in the backyard overlooking the ocean where I do all my wet work -and sometimes I use my dining room table to sit and draw.  

MC: How do you market  and sell your work? 
LF: I have an Etsy shop, I have a few stores inNorthern California, I use Facebook as a marketing tool, I cherry pick 6 or soshows to do each year.  There are someexciting things in motion and spring will launch my work into a broader retailspectrum. 
MC: How did you find Mud Colony?And  what impact ,( if any), has it had on yourblogging?  
LF: I believe my blog buddy Linda Starr was what ledme to the Mud Colony blog and it was some time ago.  Took me a while to figure it out - I am now on board.
 MC: Are there any clay blogs that you ALWAYS look at ,and why?  
 LF: I have a robust list of clay sites - I don't check them all everyday.  My main squeeze's are FetishGhostSecret Studio and Jesse Lu's Mudbucket, & Carol's Musing about Mud.
 MC: Best piece ofadvice you have been given about your practice.
 LF:;I'm very fortunate to have access to some amazing artists in the Bay Area, many have become friends . I seek out their critique andget feedback.  Mostly what I hear is"you're on the right track, keep working it" 
 


MC:What would be YOURadvice to someone just beginning their practice?
 LF:Do whatever it takes to keep searching for yourown voice.  Be influenced, but don't staytoo long in someone else's idea - work the influence, change it, alter it tofit who you are and your own signature style. Find that and you are well on your way.  
Linda Fahey is a regular contributor to the Mud Colony Blog......
with her blog -'We swim with the fishes' , here's her her beautiful website,





 








1 comment:

  1. Love your work! What a great studio space. Inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment !!